Design Thinking Program Curriculum
The Design Thinking Program meets the same high academic standards of Bellevue graduate programs, with a challenging interdisciplinary curriculum designed to prepare you to analyze, create, and deliver unique customer experiences. Roll up your sleeves to solve real-world challenges and use innovative practices developed by top companies. Once you've completed this 8 module program, you will receive a Bellevue Certificate suitable for framing.
INTRODUCTION TO DESIGN THINKING
Learn a practical definition of design thinking and how it's used to solve business, technology, and social problems across industries.
- Define design thinking as an effective approach to creative problem-solving.
- Understand how human-centered design and methodology influence design thinking.
- Review practices and case studies of design thinking in the real world.
DESIGNING FOR EMPATHY
Use case studies to understand and apply empathy in business environments and discover the value of empathy-based research and elicitation.
- Identify effective approaches and tools for research.
- Design conversations and interviews that honor stakeholders.
- Frame statements that facilitate problem-solving.
INTRODUCTION TO VISUALIZATION
Discover the most common visualization tools in design thinking and the best methods for collaborating to explore and understand ideas.
- Align the right visualizations to the right design thinking tools.
- Learn the visualization tools that best fit specific challenges.
- Explore the use of visualization tools in real-life scenarios.
PERSONA & JOURNEY MAP DESIGN
Understand the importance of customer experience-based visualizations. Explore how they help define customer attributes and their experiences with your products, services and stakeholders.
- Create personas that describe stakeholder characteristics.
- Build journey maps that help define critical moments of truth.
- Identify the right tools for success measurement in customer experience.
IDEATION IN THE DESIGN THINKING PROCESS
Discover the concept of ideation as a process for developing, communicating and synthesizing prescriptive ideas to others to solve the right problem.
- Develop creative processes for developing new ideas.
- Understand mind-mapping and brainstorming approaches.
- Learn best practices for ideation workshops.
Uncover potential approaches for prototyping concepts, products and services that solve problems.
- Understand low and high-fidelity prototyping.
- Design approaches for bringing ideas to life.
- Discuss prototyping approaches and tools.
Leverage previous module knowledge of ideation and prototype design to help design thinkers properly test and validate ideas and prototypes.
- Identify methods for researching and validating outcomes.
- Evaluate recommendations for stakeholder collaboration and participation.
- Develop considerations for design validation.
IMPLEMENTATION & APPLICATION
Create a plan for implementing design thinking principles and tools at your organization and for aligning with the ROI of internal projects and stakeholders.
- Develop processes for deployment and launch.
- Explore collaboration methods with stakeholders and success partners.
- Design plans for applying design thinking at your organization.